By popular request, the Remix Madness round for 2017 has opened early for signups/posting!
(I had several people ask why the Madness round opens so late when other panfandom exchanges allow treating from day 1, and there was really no good answer except “that’s the way Remix Redux always did it,” so I decided to change it. Next year, the Madness round will open for signups/posting around the time assignments go out.)
You do not have to be signed up for the main exchange to participate, and you do not have to sign up for the Madness round in order to remix people who did. There is NO wordcount minimum, and sketches are fine for the madness round. For more information, check out the collection profile listed above.
Remix Madness will go live on September 18, a day after the main collection. You may continue to post remixes to the Madness collection until 8 AM Eastern time on September 25.
[As a reminder, some pinch hits were just posted here. I don’t want them to get lost in the wake of Remix Madness news...]
Comments are screened on this post. If you see a pinch hit you would like to claim, post a comment with the username/pinch hit # of the one you want, along with your own AO3 username. You do not need a DW account to claim a pinch hit, and you may claim a pinch hit even if you did not sign up for Remix yourself.
You do not have to know the fandoms someone requested in order to claim a pinch hit. If you check out the URL in their request and see something of theirs in a different fandom that you'd like to remix, that is fair game as long as it is otherwise eligible (ie not a WIP, remix, collaboration, or safe work/series/fandom).
I would prefer people have no more than one unposted pinch hit at a time, so please don't try to claim a second pinch hit until you've finished and posted your first one.
These are all due at the assignment deadline, September 10, 11:59 PM Eastern time.
( Pinch Hit #4: The Tudors (TV) )
( Pinch Hit #9: Star Wars - All Media Types, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, Star Wars: Rebels, Batman (Comics), Avatar: The Last Airbender, Avatar: Legend of Korra, Spider-Man (Ultimateverse), Downton Abbey, Firefly, The 100 (TV), Dark Angel, Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015) - TAKEN )
( Pinch Hit #10: The Silmarillion and other histories of Middle-Earth - J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien, Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, Doctor Who - TAKEN )
Requests: You can make 1-10 requests with 1-20 items (be it character, relationship, or worldbuilding) each. You may request the same fandom multiple times with a different set of request items.
If you cannot find your request item in the drop down menu, do this: find your tag in the list of approved tags, copy the tag in its entirety — such as "Relationship: Matt Holt & Pidge (VLD)" — paste it in the bar, and hit enter. This is a known AO3 bug but this is the way to work around it.
Offers: You can make 1-10 offers/fandoms with 1-20 items (be it character, relationship, or worldbuilding) each. Fandoms can be offered multiple times if you are offering different sets (for example: fic for one set, art for another.) You can also offer Any for a fandom.
Letters: Letters are not mandatory but they are nice for offering details and prompts for your writer/artist and potential treaters. Letters can also be posted in the Letters post.
Optional details: This is a good place to add in any Do Not Wants that you wish for your creator to avoid in their gift as well as general likes.
Once you are ready, then head over and sign up!
Another post will go up later with general guidelines. This post is just for discussing fandoms.
Other participants and passers-by: these may be the prompts you've been waiting to treat! Please have a look.
Pinch hitters, you're encouraged to build your prompts from the nominated tags (on AO3 | in a Dreamwidth table), but you are also welcome to suggest other AU prompts in the spirit of the exchange that fit into the nominated fandoms.
We still have one outstanding pinch hit for Prince of Tennis, Tiger & Bunny, and Attack on Titan, and more may arise. Future pinch hitters are welcome to add their prompts to this post after claiming and confirming a pinch hit.
Gifts for pinch hitters must be posted by 10 September 9am CDT.
( #1: Frontier Wolf - Rosemary Sutcliff, Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015), Merlin (TV), due South, Anne with an E (TV), Shadowhunters (TV) )
( #3: The Big Bang Theory (TV), Castle, Political RPF, Airwolf )
The first batch of pinch-hits will be going out soon; we'll post them to the comm, and you can either comment there or email email@example.com to claim them. A beta post will also be going up shortly.
Any questions? Comment here or email us.
Make sure to include your AO3 username, fandoms and pairings as well as the link.
Please wait until after you have completed/unlocked your letter post, if need be, before commenting here.
You can include additional pairings in your letter if you have more than six pairings you like in a fandom. But please take care to make sure they are clearly optional and include more information about the pairings that are actually in your sign up so your creator doesn't feel bad about being unable to write a pairing if they matched with you on something else.
Please also be respectful of other participants if they have different preferences in fic and requests to you.
They will remain open until 6PM EDT August 23 2017 (Countdown Clock)
You must be logged into an AO3 account to sign up. Remember you can shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you out with an invitation if you do not already have an account.
Don't forget to check out the small fandoms post for ideas and to promote your favourite fandoms.
Go over the rules one more time before starting your sign up. A quick reminder of the important points:
- You may request four to six fandoms from the list of nominated fandoms.
- For each request, do not forget that you can request art, fic, or both.
- For each fandom you must request one to six pairings from the list of nominated pairings. If you choose to request any pairing, double-check the list of nominated pairings for that fandom and make certain that any of the pairings listed are all right by you.
- Your match will be based on fandom, pairing, and format (i.e. fic or art).
- While the description section is optional, we strongly suggest you include Do Not Wants. Any DNWs/triggers included in the description will be enforced by the mods, however all other details will be optional for your writer or artist. You can also include a link to a Dear Creator letter if you would like to provide more information.
- You may offer four to ten fandoms from the list of nominated fandoms.
- Each fandom you offer must have one to ten pairings from the list of nominated pairings. If you choose to offer any pairing, double-check the list of nominated pairings for that fandom and make certain that any of the pairings listed are all right by you.
- Again, as for requests, you can offer art, fic, or both.
- Check the Uncategorised and the No Media sections of the tag set for extra fandoms, crossovers, and original work tags.
- Occasionally, after you select a fandom, pairings you want might not appear in the drop-down menu despite already being in the tag set. If that happens, please copy and paste the pairing you want from the tag set, but remember that you need to get it exactly the same.
- You may edit your sign up as much as you like between now and the close of sign-ups.
- Please read over your sign-ups one last time before they close. After all, what if you ticked the wrong box?
- If you write a Dear Creator letter, you can share them at our letters post!
- Your assignment will need to be completed and posted by 6PM EDT on October 7. Please consider carefully whether you will be able to commit to that deadline before signing up.
Keep an eye out for the new how-to post coming over the next few days if you're new to exchanges, or drop us a comment if you have any questions.
Nominations are open from now until August 19 10PM EDT!
You have 8 fandom slots and 20 character fields. You may nominate characters, relationships (/ and &) and worldbuilding tags. Please follow the formats detailed here.
If you have any questions, please let me know! Thank you and enjoy!
• Please respect the DNW (Do Not Wants) provided by the person you are making a gift for, be they your assignment or someone you are creating a treat for.
• Please do not discuss your assignment publicly on your blog, forums, Discord, or anywhere where you recipient may see your comments. Your assignment is a secret! If you wish to ask your recipient a question, please send an email to email@example.com with your AO3 name, their AO3, and your question, and I will forward the question for you.
• You may not crosspost your work until after Creator Reveals date (October 15.)
• Gifts cannot be part of a previously-posted work unless if your recipient has explicitly stated interest in receiving a gift from your series.
• Please comment and thank your gift maker. They put love and effort into making their gift just for you! :)
And that's about it in terms of basic rules! Crack a squizzle on the Balmera, everyone! <3
What is LionSwap?
LionSwap is a Gift Exchange celebrating all Voltron series. You are not required to be familiar with all Voltron incarnations to participate. This works as a basic gift exchange: by signing up, you agree to create one fanwork that is of a quality you would like to receive, and you will get a fanwork in return. This event will accept characters individually, relationships (romantic and platonic), and worldbuilding. More detailed information is given below.
• Fanart submissions must be at minimum a finished sketch on unlined paper, and it can be hand drawn or digital. We will not be accepting graphics, edits, or manips at this time. There is no maximum in terms of size or page limit on comics.
All other mediums are currently not accepted as a main gift for this round, but you may request or create them as treats.
To nominate, we will be using the Character field to nominate characters, relationships (/ and &) and worldbuilding. Please use the following formats and use qualifiers to prevent migrating tags. I will be using Allura in my examples.
- For Characters:
- Character: Allura (DotU)
- For romantic Relationships:
- Relationship: Allura/Shiro (VLD)
Note: you may nominate polyships.
- For platonic Relationships:
- Relationship: Allura & Alfor & Coran (VLD)
- Note: you can also mix relationships, such as:
- Relationship: Alfor/Allura's Mother & Allura (VLD)
- For Worldbuilding:
- Worldbuilding: Building of the Castle of Lions (VLD)
- For qualifiers, please use the following:
- for Beast King GoLion - Fala (GoLion)
- for Voltron: Defenders of the Universe - Allura (DotU)
- for Voltron Defender of the Universe (Devil's Due) - Allura (Devil's Due)
- for Voltron (Dynamite Entertainment) - Allura (Dynamite)
- for Robotech/Voltron (Crossover Comic) - Allura (R/V)
- for Voltron: The Third Dimension - Allura (3D)
- for Voltron Force - Allura (VF)
- for Voltron: Legendary Defender - Allura (VLD)
Note: Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron nominations will all go under Defenders of the Universe
Mod note: if there's any other incarnation I'm missing, let me know!
I will keep a list of approved tags right over here for easier viewing.
You can make a minimum of 1 request/fandom with 1-20 items (be it character, relationship, or worldbuilding.) Maximum amount of requests is ten. Do keep in mind matchability!
You may request the same fandom multiple times with a different set of request items.
You can make a minimum of 1 offer/fandom with 1-20 items (be it character, relationship, or worldbuilding.) Maximum amount of offers is ten. Fandoms can be offered multiple times if you are offering different sets (for example: fic for one set, art for another.)
This will be OR matching. You will be matched on at least 1 fandom + 1 request item + 1 medium. You are expected to create one fanwork, and it does not have to be what you matched on it something else in your assignment interests you. You may create more than one fanwork for your recipient, but you are expected to produce at least one work.
If you find there's a problem with your assignment or that you believe you were mismatched, contact the mod immediately.
There is no penalty for defaulting although if this becomes a pattern in future rounds a rule may be put in place. Just hit the "default" button in your Assignments page and a pinch hitter will be assigned for your assignment. Keep in mind that if you default and your writer/artist also defaults, then you may end up without a gift.
Keep an Eye on the Dreamwidth and Tumblr communities for announcements for pinch hits.
Treats are extra fics and art that are made outside of your assignment. Treats are wonderful and encouraged! The more the merrier! You do not need to be signed up to create a treat for someone, and you may make a treat for your recipient or branch out to treat other participants. Treats have no minimums.
If you have a question that isn't covered here, you may contact the mod at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.